Pregnancy & Exercise: Let's Get Active!
Posted on 05 June 2015
Working out during your pregnancy is beneficial to the health of yourself and your new bundle of joy. Remaining active during your pregnancy is fairly easy and today, we will talk about the type of exercises that are good during each trimester (also we’ll be reviewing some amazing active wear that can be worn both during and after your pregnancy!) So let’s get active!
As mentioned previously, remaining active during your pregnancy has any benefits which include:
- Being able to sleep better
- Reducing the discomfort during your pregnancy
- Helps you prepare for childbirth
- Boosts your energy during your pregnancy
- Helps with getting your body back faster after childbirth
I don’t know about you, but those few benefits mentioned above makes me want to get and remain active! I can attest that getting and remaining active can help with getting your body back faster because it helped me after giving birth to my daughter as well as many other mommas out there.
So what kind of exercises are actually good to do during your pregnancy? Well, you can:
- Do low impact aerobics
- Weight train*
Also, don’t simply limit yourself to the gym! Go to the park or work out in the comfort of your home. Simply make sure that you’re comfortable and going at your own pace. Always consult with your doctor first to see if there are some exercises which you can do and which to avoid.
Workout with this exercise video for mommas that are in their 1st and 2nd trimester
Now that you’re one active momma, let’s talk about options that you can wear during and after your pregnancy. Here are some essentials that work for your pregnancy and beyond:
- BOOB FAST FOOD SPORTS BRA - this bra not only supports you during your pregnancy, but it’s also doubles as an nursing bra!
- INGRID & ISABEL MATERNITY HEATHERED ACTIVE FITNESS PANT WITH CROSSOVER PANEL CAPRI - these maternity active capris are equipped with the uniquely engineered Crossover Panel™ (patent pending) with performance fabric for supreme comfort and a flattering fit. The capri length is fit for every workout at any level during any stage of pregnancy.
- PINK TRIBAL PRINTED WAISTBAND PLUS SIZE MATERNITY YOGA PANTS - Get your yoga on in these tribal printed yoga pants. A plus is that Pink Blush maternity also offers Plus Size clothing!
- MOM LIFE BURNOUT GRAY TANK - to get yourself through those tough times that pregnancy brings, show your “Mom Life” spirit in this awesome lightweight tank top!
*Please note that if you are weight training to reduce the amount of weights that you’re lifting. You can do more repetitions to ensure that you’re still getting a good workout!
What are your favorite exercises and items to wear during your workout?
Please note: Referral/affiliate links above.